Serving Our Seniors’ Advocates have a 96% success rate in solving client calls.
Over one hundred volunteers provide office help, out-of-town transportation and special events support for Serving Our Seniors.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, view our volunteer opportunities page for more details.
- In 2006, Serving Our Seniors started the Drug Repository Program in partnership with Buderer Drug Store. It was the second Drug Repository to be established in the State of Ohio.
- The Drug Repository recovers enough prescription medications to meet the needs of those living in Erie County and the five surrounding counties who lack the means to afford their medicine.
- Each month, approximately 50 Erie County Senior residents who otherwise could not afford their medications have an average of 229 prescriptions filled at the Drug Repository for $10.00 for up to a 90 day supply and name brand drugs for $19.00 for up to a 30 day supply of brand name medications per prescription filled.
- The retail value…..approximately $15,000 per month.
Out of Town Transportation
Serving Our Seniors utilizes forty out-of-town transportation volunteers to drive approximately 90 trips per month taking Erie County residents, age 60+, to medically necessary appointments as far away as the Cleveland Clinic, University Hospital,Medical College of Ohio and Ohio State University.
In 2011, Serving Our Seniors delivered 25,705 hot meals and rural luncheon meals to Erie County senior residents living in rural communities who may be at nutritional risk. Meals are available at the cost of an anonymous donation.
Last year Serving Our Seniors hosted several public forums pertaining to topics relevant to seniors.
- Each year Serving Our Seniors brings high school students and senior citizens together to break down generational barriers, learn from one another and appreciate their differences and have fun doing it. The class sizes have increased each year.
- The program is so popular that the school has had to add additional sociology classes.