By 2020, one in three Erie County residents is projected to be aged 60 or older. We are generally aging better and living longer than our parents. Yet most of us will experience a decline in our ability to function as we grow older. In later life, circumstances may occur that requires we receive some type of assistance from others.
How well-prepared are we to take care of ourselves, as well as others, in the coming years? Who can we depend upon to be here when we need help?
Founded in 1996, Serving Our Seniors provides more than 50,000 services annually to assist older adults in Erie County so that they can maintain their independence and pursue healthy aging. We are now seeking philanthropic support to subsidize the Erie County Senior Services tax levy funding to continue to serve our growing senior population.
We invite you to lend a hand to others who may once have helped you or a loved one. Please consider making a contribution to Serving Our Seniors to benefit Erie County residents in their later years. Your support is much appreciated.
WAYS TO GIVE
Your donations to Serving Our Seniors will allow others in your community to maintain their health and ability to live independently as they grow older. Serving Our Seniors is grateful for the kind and generous support of our donors, volunteers, and foundation and business partners.
- Unrestricted donations allow Serving Our Seniors to give support where most needed each year. All contributions are directed entirely for the benefit of older adults, aged 60 or older, living independently in their homes in Erie County, Ohio.
- Memorials and Tributes are donations to honor or memorialize someone special to you. An acknowledgment of your gift will be sent to the person or family.
- Employer Matching Gifts are a great way to double your gift. Many employers contribute matching gifts for employees’ charitable contributions. Please check with your company’s personnel office to obtain the necessary forms.
- Make a bequest in your will
- Name Serving Our Seniors as beneficiary of Individual Retirement Account assets
- Transfer life insurance policies to Serving Our Seniors
- Establish a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust that provides income during your lifetime and gives income to Serving Our Seniors after your lifetime.
- Please seek guidance from your attorney, accountant, or financial advisor, or contact the North Coast Estate Planning Council at 419-830-7042 to learn more about making a planned gift to Serving Our Seniors.
Financial contributions to Serving Our Seniors are tax deductible under applicable federal income, estate, and gift tax laws.
Donations to Serving Our Seniors may be mailed to Serving Our Seniors, 310 E. Boalt St., Sandusky, OH 44870. Checks should be made payable to Serving Our Seniors.
You may also donate on line by credit card. Click on this link Donate Online Now to start your on line donation. Please call 419-624-1856 if you have any questions.
GIVING TO SPECIAL FUNDS
SERVING OUR SENIORS FUND AT THE ERIE COUNTY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Serving Our Seniors established a permanent endowment fund at The Erie Community Foundation in 2009. The fund is managed and invested by the Community Foundation and provides annual income to support Serving Our Seniors. Over time, the fund grows through investment income as well as contributions from our donors.
Donations for the Serving Our Senior Fund may be mailed to Erie County Community Foundation, 135 E. Washington Row, Sandusky, OH 44870.
Click on this link for a form to use when making a donation to the Serving Our Seniors Fund at the Erie County Community Foundation or call 419-621-9690 for more information.
RAY AND MARIAN KOCH FUND
The Ray and Marian Koch Fund was established in honor of the Kochs, who were both part of the original Steering Committee that founded Serving Our Seniors in 1996. The fund was created to provide help as a last resort for individuals who have an urgent need and where no other social service agency resources are available. The fund allows Serving Our Seniors Advocates to act quickly in a variety of situations to meet the needs of our clients.
AFFORDABLE MEDICATIONS FUND
Donations to the Affordable Medications Fund are earmarked for the purchase of liquid prescriptions that treat diabetes, glaucoma, and cataracts, and that are not available through the Drug Repository program. The Affordable Medications Fund helps senior facing financial difficulties to pay for their much-needed medications.
Donations to the Transportation Fund are earmarked for providing Weekday Transportation to Erie County residents throughout the county and for Out-of-Town Transportation for residents medical appointments and treatment outside of Erie County.
DONATIONS TO ANY SPECIAL FUND may be mailed to Serving Our Seniors, 310 E. Boalt St., Sandusky, OH 44870. Please note on your check or correspondence which special fund you would like to support.
Have an old vehicle in the driveway or taking up space in the garage? Donate it to Serving Our Seniors and discover how easy it is to give back to your community. Our vehicle donation program offers an effortless and secure way to give. Serving Our Seniors accepts all types of vehicles. Pick up is free, whether the vehicle is running or not. Call 1-855-500-7433 seven days a week click here for the Serving Our Seniors vehicle donation site to complete your donation, schedule your pick-up, and we’ll take it from there.
We accept all types of vehicles