Free caption phone
Provides services for hearing aids, community services for the deaf, video remote interpreting & Communication Access Real-Time
Consumer advocates for those with hearing loss.
New hearing aids for the cost of a $150.00 application fee, for those who qualify.
Specialized fire alarms for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. You may also contact the Sandusky American Red Cross at 419–626-1641.
The work of Serving our Seniors is to empower Erie County residents age 60+ to maintain their independence. Serving Our Seniors provides numerous services and programs for Erie County’s older adults to support their ability to remain healthy and living independently.
Helpline Phone Number: 419-624-1856
Denture financial assistance program for those who qualify.
Serving Our Seniors Public Forums
Variety of topics related to older adults and successful aging. See Upcoming Events on this website.
Serving Our Seniors Repayment Programs
For those who meet income eligibility.
• Free when available, Disposable undergarments, diabetes testing strips, hearing aid batteries, when available.
• Subsidized cost for personal care and housekeeping services; limited availability
• Small repairs and small modifications for fall prevention.
• Can assist older adults submit Medicaid applications.
• "New to Medicare" Classes offered monthly; additional topics offered, please see Upcoming Events on this website. Individual appointments to help identify which options are best for your circumstances and budget.
• Ramps are provided free of charge. Financial assistance for those who cannot afford installation costs.
• Out of Town transportation for healthcare appointments for individuals aged 60+, living in Erie County.
• Eye glasses for those with financial need through New Eyes for the Needy.
• Handyman Program
• Fall prevention program in partnership with Erie county Health Dept
• Repayment Programs – 419-624-1856 (For those who qualify) for health and other “important needs”
• Food Delivery